Saugerties Junior Rangers Liaison
Learn to Play Ages 5-10
Learn the basics!
Getting started in hockey has never been easier or more convenient! This introductory program will teach your child the basic skills of skating, stick-handling, passing and shooting through 10 1-hour lessons. In addition, they will learn the importance of hardwork, teamwork and sportsmanship. Best of all, your child's registration also includes a brand new set of hockey equipment custom fitted by our friends at Pure Hockey. Past participants are welcomed to join Learn to Play for another season or all three! However, they will not receive a set of equipment if they have participated in the program before.
This year we will be offering Learn to Play throughout the year and your child has the opportunity to participate in each one.
Your program fee includes:
If you do not sign-up for your session of Learn to Play two-weeks prior to the start date of your session then we can't guarantee you will receive your equipment before the first practice.
Junior Rangers Special Benefits
• Official Welcome Letter & Membership Card
• Invitation To Select Rangers Events
• Exclusive Access To Rangers Tickets
• Subscription To Jr. Rangers Newsletter
• Special Offers From Jr. Rangers Partners
10% Off Purchases At All MSG Stores
Once again Saugerties Youth Hockey and the Kiwanis Ice Arena are partnering with the NY Rangers on their Junior Rangers Learn to Play hockey program.
The Junior Rangers Learn to Play program is geared to new players ages 5 to 10, looking to try hockey for the first time. Rangers staff and former Rangers players teach new players the basics of the game, in a fun environment, on Saturday mornings. Two Learn to Play sessions will be available, for the Fall 2023, and Winter 2024.
The FALL 2023 program:
Starts on October 28 2023 at 11:00 AM
Ends on December 30 2023
Saturday Mornings from 11:00-12:00
Location: Kiwanis Ice Arena
Minimum age: 5 years old
Maximum age: 10 years old
Age as of: October 1, 2023
Click here to register for the Saugerties Junior Rangers Fall session.
Note: IF YOUR PLAYER HAS ALREADY COMPLETED a Learn to Play program like the Junior Rangers PLEASE REGISTER WITH the SYHA. Click here to find out how.
For questions & more info, email Pat Caffrey
1. A refund will be provided per request if the New York Rangers or its partner facilities must cancel the sessions for any reason. The refund will be based on the number of sessions completed.
2. A refund will be provided per request minus a $25 transaction fee due to participant injury or illness. The participants parent/guardian must provide a doctor's note in order to receive a refund.
3. The Rangers do not provide refund or make up sessions due to missed sessions that don't fall under the above circumstances.
4. Program credits are also an option if your situation falls under provisions 1 & 2.
5. If your child received free hockey equipment for the Rangers Learn to Play program we will not be able to provide a refund if the program is paused or cancelled.
6. If the program is cancelled for any reason, we will not be accepting equipment returns.
7. If your child outgrows Learn to Play equipment during any pause or cancellation, we will be unable to exchange the equipment at any point in time.
Junior Rangers Liaison